E3R reaches Kisangani in its Around the World Challenge

E3R reaches Kisangani in its Around the World Challenge

E3R has reached Kisangani in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in its Around the World Challenge, after setting off from Quito in Ecuador four months ago and having covered 4855km, passing through seven countries: Ecuador, Columbia, Brazil, Sao Tome, Gabon, Republic of the Congo and Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Since the beginning of lockdown, the E3R team has been covering some serious ground. On the 23 rd March when everything closed and we were unable to see friends and family, we decided to get active!

As we know, exercise is brilliant for physical and mental health, so some team members have been running, others having been enjoying scenic walks with family members, a couple have been doing online HIIT sessions and a few have been out on their bikes – with many doing a combination.

So, we decided to put all this activity and distance gained to good use and see if we can get around the world by the end of the summer with all our kilometres (km) combined.

As of 23 rd June, exactly four months since lockdown started, we had covered an impressive 4855km. Our route is around the equator which is 40,075km, of which only 21% is land, so to reach our target
we need to cover 8536km.

We are well over half way through the challenge having covered 57% of the land distance around the equator and passed through seven countries – that leaves 43% of the journey to go with 3681km to complete and six countries to ‘travel through’ including Uganda, Kenya, Somalia, Maldives, Indonesia and Kiribati, all by the end of August – wish us luck!


10th July 2020

Latest News

Sign up to our newsletter for all the latest updates from E3R