Key Account Manager
£40,000 – £47,000 + other benefits
Sheffield – although other sites to be covered
I am currently recruiting for a Key Account Manager to join a multi-national forging company who work across a range of industry sectors, including aerospace, power generation and nuclear to name just a few!
Having multiple sites across the UK, they continue to invest in machinery to support their growth.
The Key Account Manager will support the Aerospace Engine Forgings group, which is in a high growth, dynamic, and exciting environment.
The position reports to the European Sales Manager – Aero Engines, and interacts internally with application engineers, inside sales representatives, operations, and marketing. This challenging role will support the management of the Rolls-Royce business (including sub-tiers) for the Forgings division.
This position has a direct impact on the profitability of the business, owing to Rolls-Royce’s position as a market leading aerospace engine OEM.
The successful candidate must be capable of recommending to Business Unit management the strategies and tactics required to improve customer satisfaction and achieve profitability improvements while in long term contract.
You will also be expected to be able to comprehend the sophisticated technical processes that are critical to understanding customer needs and requirements as well as products and manufacturing systems.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
– Commitment to addressing customer issues across all functions including operations, quality, commercial
– Working in conjunction with Manufacturing and the Business Unit to offer solutions and services to existing and prospective customers
– Developing an in-depth understanding of customer’s decision-making process and recommend/implement actions to obtain sales as a result.
– Taking the lead in developing and executing an overall customer strategy for the Business Unit.
– Becoming familiar with S&OP systems and potential advantages as it relates to internal and external connections.
– Establishing close relationships and linkages with all levels of customer purchasing, technical, engineering, programme and management personnel. You must be able to influence the outcome of quotations and proposals and collect useful competitive information.
– Establishing close links with other areas of the business, such as manufacturing, quality, field service and technical support teams
– Having the ability to understand customer dynamics and decision makers to effectively sell product to meet the customer’s needs.
There will be a significant amount of travel to other sites across the UK as well as the USA and Europe.
To apply for this position please click ‘apply now’ for immediate consideration or contact Ami Jackson at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269
E3 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy specialising in Engineering and Manufacturing based recruitment offering over 60 years’ experience
We review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile. Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.
E3 Recruitments specialist industry sectors:
#Automotive & Fleet
#Building & Construction Products
#Chemical & Pharmaceutical
#Energy & Utilities
#Food & FMCG
#Oil & Gas
Plus #Commercial roles, covering all 8 sectors.