My client is a PLC listed UK market leader in their field, manufacturing high volume products that are critical to the everyday infrastructure of the UK. The EHS Officer will provide expert Safety Health & Environmental (SHE) advice and guidance to Factory Managers and Department Heads within a defined geographic area in the North of England – Cheshire, Derbyshire, South Yorkshire and the East Midlands.
Reporting to the Environmental Health and Safety ( EHS / HSE ) Manager you will seek to drive improvement activities across all EHS operations, ensuring a pro-active health, safety and environmental culture across the business.
This position offers fantastic opportunities for accredited training and personal development, within a friendly and dynamic manufacturing organisation. You will need to be an excellent communicator with the ability to motivate and inspire others. A positive business focused outlook and ‘safety first’ attitude is essential to succeed in this role, as is an appreciation of the role and behaviour in improving Health, Safety and Environmental culture within a business. A key aspect of this role is the training and development of other people.
You will need to be able to teach, show and mentor other employees across a multitude of disciplines, delivering the very best in environmental, health and safety practise and culture.
Due to the multi-site nature of this organisation the successful applicant will need to be prepared to work at other locations and this may involve reasonable time away from home. A full UK driving licence is therefore essential and a company car is provided.
The ideal candidate will hold both NEBOSH certificate and IEMA accreditation, whilst also offering experience of working within manufacturing environments. Experience in assisting or delivering environmental, health and safety training will be essential.
Training available for the successful applicant:
Required Experience and Supporting qualifications
* NEBOSH General Certificate (NEBOSH Diploma – desired but must complete within 2 years of appointment)
* IEMA Foundation course in Environmental Management
* Membership of IOSH
* Excellent communication skills including the delivery of training packages to an audience
* Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
* Numerate and literate
* An effective collaborator able to influence a wide cross section of people through passion and encouragement to stop and consider safer ways of working
* Flexible – Work individual or as part of a team
What’s on offer
Salary: Highly competitive per annum, also offering company car, company pension, accredited training and extensive career development opportunities.
Working days Monday to Friday
Specific responsibilities include:
* Collaborating with all Business stakeholders to ensure our Safety Health & Environment Strategy is delivered and we comply with all relevant legislation at all times
* Proactively collating and analysing data and using problem solving tools to formulate action plans that will deliver reduced risks of injury and illness to employees and workers
* Providing accurate, timely and technical advice to colleagues in resolving issues in H & S and reducing environmental impact
* Supporting Factory Management Teams on the annual formulation of site specific SHE action plans and supporting and auditing progress to ensure they are delivered
* Measuring and reporting improvements to the Safety Health & Environment Management Systems
* Completing occupational health monitoring (including noise, air contamination and Hand Arm Vibration-HAV) in line with our policies
* Providing on-site training to deliver improved HSE practices for all of our clients people
* Influence safe employee behaviours through audits, inspections, health and safety surveys and behavioural observation
* Ensure compliance to any environmental permits or licenses issued by enforcing authorities