Our client is a market leading UK manufacturing organization, with manufacturing operations located in West Yorkshire. They hold an enviable position in their specialist sector as a market leader, and are also expanding their product portfolio into the modular build space.
With a requirement to drive Output and utilise Continuous Improvement techniques across their welding and fabrication workshop operations we are now seeking a driven and experienced Welding and Fabrication Workshop manager to take the production agenda and factory operations to the next level.
Initially offered upon a fixed term contract of circa 6 months, there is also a strong possibility this period could be extended, or indeed made permanent for the right individual.
This is a high-profile role within our clients manufacturing operations, where you will be responsible for the delivery of welding and fabrication output operation for a modular build manufacturing; covering both labour- and capital-intensive manufacturing process, including metal forming machinery such as CNC and manual punch and pressing machinery and welding processes; MIG and TIG, ensuring products are manufactured to the highest possible quality standards and produced at the lowest possible cost.
As such they are seeking an accomplished leader to manage, motivate and develop their factory manufacturing teams where continuous improvement is at the heart of all you do. Naturally you will be an exceptional communicator, commercially astute and a customer champion, able to deliver production targets against the highest health and safety, quality, environmental and cost expectations. The safety of their people is of the upmost importance and working safely is the only way they operate.
Specific responsibilities include:
– People management and motivation to create a flexible, effective and multi skilled workforce across all disciplines overseeing circa 20 employees, including supervisors and a small element of temporary labour
– Workshop planning and scheduling to optimize plant resources and meet fabrication scheduled production commitments
– Working with the factory team to identify improvements in the manufacturing process to deliver efficiency or safety improvements
– Working collaboratively across all functions of the business to utilise specialist support to deliver key projects
– Excellent leadership and coaching skills with the potential and ambition to progress into a more senior role in the future
– Proven ability to develop the welding and fabrication workshop manufacturing team to increase efficiency across the factory whilst surpassing customer expectations
– A background of managing and taking responsibility for welding and fabrication workshop operations
– Demonstrable application of problem-solving tools and techniques to deliver efficiency improvements combined with an empowering management style and the ability to delegate
– An in-depth knowledge of current Health and Safety, Environmental and Employment Laws and best practice application of these within a manufacturing environment
Position: Welding and Fabrication Workshop Manager
Location: Close to Leeds
Duration: Circa 6 months plus
Day rate: Circa £250 to £350 per day, subject to experience and potentially further negotiable for the right person