Position: Senior Production Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience + pension and additional benefits
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – Days
We have an exciting and new opportunity available for a Senior Production Manager for this very well respected PLC listed manufacturer based in the Leicestershire area.
With a major plant investment program planned, promising state-of-the-art equipment, layout and efficiency, our client now requires a Senior Production Manager to drive the business, taking manufacturing to the next level for production, quality and overall efficiency. This presents an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre leader to transfer knowledge and experience from other industries to work towards creating a world class manufacturing operation.
Purpose of the Role
We are looking for an experienced Senior Production Manager to lead a multi-functional production team at our new soft mud development. This new role will be highly data driven to achieve key targets within the factory environment, thereby delivering Cost, Quality and Efficiency benefits to the Factory whilst always ensuring the highest standards of Health and Safety and Environmental compliance.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
* Leading, motivating and managing a multi-skilled production team to ensure the continual development of their skills and abilities
* Collecting and analysing production and process data to develop strategies and achieve key performance indicators and objectives.
* Minimising waste and downtime through effective production planning
* Ensuring that all resources are utilised to their optimum efficiency
* Managing the Production budget
Key Working Relationships of the Senior Production Manager
* You will be reporting directly into the Site Director working as part of a highly talented management team driven to deliver exceptional results
* You will be responsible for the Production teams at the new Factory
* Regularly interacting and providing insight and influence at all levels, across the business from Management to shop floor associates in leading and encouraging best practice sharing
Skills, Qualifications and Attributes
* Ideally Degree level qualification or equivalent desirable
* Demonstrable experience of leading and developing a multi-skilled production team within a continuous process manufacturing environment that over-achieves
* Problem solving and diagnostic experience, supported with experience covering the application of Lean and CI tools and techniques
* Nebosh Qualification is desirable
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL
Our client aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused program of training and development which will include as a minimum:
ILM Program (Management and Leadership).
Health & Safety Management Training – NEBOSH
IEMA – Environmental Management