Quality Control Manager / Quality Manager / Quality Control Analyst
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Salary: £25,000 – £32,000
E3 Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of one the UK’s leading cosmetics manufacturers based in Halifax, West Yorkshire. Our client is currently looking for a QC Manager that can work with teams including Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations and Sales to ensure that all practices are compliant with audits conducted throughout the year.
Further to this the individual will be managing a Quality Supervisor so strong man management skills are essential.
The main purpose of this role is to co‐ordinate all activities required to direct and control manufacturing quality. In particular, to review product quality requirements for individual customers and projects, to ensure those requirements are understood and implemented by the team to ensure the quality of manufactured products is to agreed specifications.
Reporting to MD, this role involves:
Supervising quality assurance via QC Supervisor and members of the production team
Performing quality assessments
Deploying and sustaining quality standards
Communicating internally and with external customer, auditors, and suppliers
Training ensuring staff are equipped and knowledgeable about all quality measures and company policies
Investigate system’s failures and issues and propose new systems for improvement
Coordinate and direct the implementation of new standards into practice
Pursue continual production improvement
- To continuously review quality control processes, procedures and capabilities in order to sustain the most cost-effective and efficient methods for meeting quality requirements, and making recommendations for improvement as appropriate.
- Review customer QC requirements and ensure that quality control documentation for all products meets contractual requirements.
- Review and approve supplier quality control documentation to ensure their planned activities meet specifications.
- With previous formulation knowledge, the QC Manager is responsible for assisting with any bar or liquid soap product development.
- To co‐ordinate and control the day-to-day operations of inspection personnel, so as to provide a safe, secure and efficient working environment, ensuring:
- All plant and equipment is safely operated,
- All paperwork, raw materials and finished products are maintained, stored and organised to allow efficient and effective operation,
- To control and direct all QC resources, operations and facilities in order to adhere to product manufacturing programmes.
- To support factory staff and management in assessing & resolving any quality issues as they arise and where out of specification results are identified, ensuring that appropriate action has been taken & recorded through the Non-conformance procedure.
- Manage and control all quality control activities in accordance with identified Quality Assurance standards, company procedures, customer specifications and contractual requirements.
- Assist in production of generic and equipment-specific Method Statements and Risk Assessments and review as appropriate.
Management Information / Customer Documentation
- To monitor and report quality control progress, notifying any predicted shortfall or discrepancies against timescale and budgets.
- Immediately notify to the MD and relevant team members of any Quality Control issues.
- Provide accurate and business information relevant information as required by the business (e.g. Round Table for Sustainable Palm Oil internal audits)
- Complete retailer’s online QC systems, ensuring that product specifications and any necessary paperwork are up to date.
Co‐ordination and Liaison
- Contribute to Business Development and success of current and new product development by providing relevant information and intelligence as well as existing formulation knowledge.
- Manage / help coordinate all appropriate internal meetings from QC, Supply Chain and H&S perspective
- Provide comprehensive communication to underpin effective working relationships.
- Liaise with the Operations Manager, Engineers & MD to ensure that project contractual and quality requirements within the schedule are supported and maintained through all stages of manufacture as to ensure project completion within the specified.
Health & Safety
- Ensure all staff are trained on health and safety standards including PPE relevant to QC procedures. Review annually.
- Implement all health and safety policies including but not restricted to REACH
- Undertake all H&S audits: guard, fire, COSSH, man-handling training etc.
- Responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a customer-focused culture within the organisation.
- Support the development of quality goals and targets as part of the company’s plans
- Carry out, as instructed, any task as deemed reasonable by management in the interest of the Company.
Customer Product Production
- Assess Suppliers
- Review customer complaints, assess route causes and develop recommendations for improvement when required.
- Ensure detailed Product Development Sheets are completed and followed under the BRC/RILA guidelines and provided for all staff prior to initial production and on an ongoing basis.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR
To be effective in your role, you must possess the following experience, skills and attitude
- One of the following essential: Chemistry degree / HND or HNC. 2 years A level sciences (of which 1 is chemistry).
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar QC role
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical or cosmetic/toiletry manufacturer
If you are interested in obtaining further information regarding this position please contact James Travis at E3 Recruitment.