Job Titles: Project Engineer
Employment Status: Permanent
Location: Matlock (Derbyshire)
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000
Our client is a global network operating on a worldwide scale in cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, they deliver products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.
Due to exceptional growth they are seeking to recruit a Project Engineer with 1-2 year’s experience to join them Co-ordinating and controlling projects from concept to post production launch of new and modified components ensuring delivery to timing deadlines, cost and quality.
Responsible for coordinating all project elements including engineering design, quality planning, manufacturing, installation, commissioning and final buy-off phases as well as ensuring the project remains within budget in order to meet the requirements of the customer’s needs. Work on many phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of moderate complexity, with results impacting on project completion. Work under general supervision, reviewed at project milestones and/or on completion by Senior Management.
Liaising with Engineers within each specific function e.g. Design Engineering, Production Engineering responsible for ensuring their area’s delivery within a project or programme.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Develops project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with management.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements; assigning personnel to phases and elements; reviewing bids from contractors.
- Determines project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Controls project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Apply specific technical skills as required to support the customer or colleagues
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and
- other service providers
- Assertive, Optimistic, resilient and welcomes change
- Engages interest and participation of others and has a collaborative
- approach to working together
- Is self-aware
- Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to track budget spend, including sub-contract hours
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative and results/target focused
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Presentation skills
- Understand Lean principles
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
- Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, A Levels, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma, NVQ level 3
- Professional accreditation with an industry related body would be advantageous
- Good understanding of engineering principles
- Mechanical, electrical, electronic or software background
- Advanced Microsoft user to include Project and Excel software
- Understanding of legislation and standards
- An understanding of Lean Manufacturing
To apply for this position please click ‘apply now’ for immediate consideration or contact Adnan at E3 Recruitment on 01709 919393
E3 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy Specialising in Engineering Technical based recruitment offering over 60 years’ experience
we review all submissions and will attempt to contact applicants who match the job profile.
Those that do not meet the specification may not be contacted but their CV retained to be considered against future opportunities.