Production Scheduler required on a permanent basis, working in a thriving business you will be part of the production team. Our client can offer job security, a superb remuneration package and career development.
Working with a leading engineering organisation you will be joining a long-established company with a global presence.
Main purpose of role:
Using outputs from MRP2 process, co-ordinate tasks required to complete and fulfil customer orders and projects, on time.
Requires interaction and influence of tasks performed by Sales, Design, Engineering, Production Engineering, Quality, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Stores, Assembly and Despatch.
The Production Scheduler role will involve:
- Assist Sales during the quote phase, providing lead time estimates.
- Ensure Engineering meet target issue dates. Check data integrity of part set up.
- Ensure Production Engineering action Make/Buy decisions in time, and produce routings for Make parts to enable production works orders to be started on time.
- Contact Finance to perform standard cost build ups on Make parts to enable Production Works Orders to be produced.
- Check MRP requirements for purchased items to be ordered, and late/missing acknowledged dates.
- For Production Works Orders released: prepare a “packet” containing printed route card pick list and technical drawing.
- Update completed operations
- Produce Schedules for Bar Stores and Casting Stores.
- Produce MRP Exception Listing spreadsheet.
- Use Contract Status Listings and update Assembly build order priority (EON number in IBS Inventory Master).
- Review and action Engineering Change Notes and BOM-Changes. Requires co-ordinating with Purchasing, Production Engineering, Manufacturing, Assembly, and Stores depending on the change. Modifying live production works orders and arranging the disposal of scrap items, or items to be returned to stock.
- Arrange with General Stores to have parts for the PWO issued to the shop floor.
- Expedite parts by working with Purchasing and Manufacturing Production. (Machine Shop/Seamer Tooling and Assembly).
- Update IBS PWO schedule date as required.
- Arrange contract swaps for parts as required to start PWOs on time or as requested by Assembly team leaders.
- Arrange stock checks for missing parts, to clarify action needed. Work with Assembly Inspection to raise IRs for lost parts.
- Complete Removal of Stock Form for parts required in Assembly which cannot be booked out to a PWO. Follow up with other departments to make sure stock is returned or tasks have been done to enable it to be booked off.
- Check for available contract swap repayments and update IBS.
- Check for surplus stock and move to NONCON.
- Produce list for Purchasing to check JDE requirements against, to use up IBS surplus stock.
- Attend Machine Shop and Assembly daily morning meetings providing feedback and receiving requests.
- Attend Machine build meetings: Pre-Assembly, Pre-Buy-Off and Wash-Up.
- Attend Pre-Production Meetings and Production meetings.
- Coordinate with Assembly Fitters to determine actual progress of work and expected completion dates.
- Work with Stores / Inspection / Despatch departments to arrange picking, packing and shipping.
- Provide monthly sales forecasts for orders likely to be shipped in month.
- Close down Production Works Orders on IBS and check Finance are satisfied with standard cost of finished product. To be done before shipping the sales order when it has been confirmed the contract has reached (or beyond) the contract sale point.
- Respond to emails from all departments listed in job purpose, solving problems related to MRP for them.
- Provide cover support for other Production Scheduling Coordinators.
Skills and Experience required:
- MRP2 systems, Bill Of Materials and Routings.
- Part types and purchase orders and sales orders.
- Order Policy types and Re-Order Quantities and Critical Point Stock Levels
- Contract Control in an MRP environment and consequences this entails for schedule and stock.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills needed to coordinate work successfully.
- Efficient and accurate use of MRP2 computer system and competency in Microsoft Office software applications. (Excel / Word / Outlook).
This Production Scheduler role is days based, hours 7.30am – 4.30pm Early 1pm finish on Friday.
Production Scheduler remuneration: £26737 up to £29776 after 24 months and £2k bonus, pension and healthcare, 37.5 hours per week.
To apply for this position please click ‘apply now’ for immediate consideration or contact Javed Khaliq at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269