An experience Production Planner is required to join a fast-paced natured manufacturing company. This is a NEWLY CREATED position, so will allow the individual who joins to almost start from scratch and really make this your own. The role is based in an easily commutable area for anyone based in York, Harrogate, Wetherby, Leeds, or surrounding areas.
This buoyant and continuously growing business have been going through some major development over the past 12-18 months, in site expansion, outdated machinery overhauls, investment into new, modern equipment and systems improvements. Following this, they need some added support, hence why they are looking for an experienced Production Planner. In addition to all this, something that speaks for itself with regards to this business, their staff retention rates are phenomenal, they haven’t had anyone leave their business for over 10 years, other than retirement.
Role & Responsibilities
- Being a newly created role within the business, your first challenge will be to take full control of the Production Planner duties, as it currently sits within the management team.
- Your first month or two, may be just lifting the lid on the current process and systems that are utilised to effectively plan and see what is actually fit for purpose, if you can make any tweaks or improvements etc. So, you truly can make this your own!
- Following the bedding-in period and the on-going growth projects continue, there is no reason why you won’t be able to expand this department, take on more responsibilities and even potentially build your own team around you in time.
- Whilst you will be a key cog of the department, you will need to work cross-functionally with other areas of the business.
- The opportunity to have full control of all elements of planning will also be on the table, whether it’s Materials or Demand, you can be involved.
- To be considered for this role you do need to have worked within the Manufacturing industry, however, the category doesn’t matter, so whether it is Food, Drinks, Beverage, Glass, Automotive, Aerospace, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Textiles or anything similar, it will work!
- A proven track record within a Production Planner role is essential, you will need to have at least 2 years experience within this type of position.
- Experience of utilising planning systems and happy creating a variety of reports.
- Driven individual that is looking to mould their career and potentially move into management further down the line.
In return, they are able to offer you stability (having never made any form of redundancies within the companies history), a competitive package, including a high level pension scheme, private healthcare, sick pay and more. To summarise, this is a Production Planner role which would be able to provide you with immediate challenges, as well as long-term career prospects within one of the highest regarded employers in the area.