This Production Managers position gives you the opportunity to work for one of the UK’s leading manufacturing and assembly companies who have experienced an exponential growth period over the last 24 months. Due to their current level of business and their continuous expansion plans they are looking to recruit for an experienced Production Manager. This role is offering a starting salary of £45,000 per annum plus £6,000 shift allowance, private healthcare, contributory pension scheme and 25 days plus stats holiday entitlement.
As Production Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the lines/work stations manage to their individual times and that all deviations from standard are addressed immediately in an appropriate manner. You will be responsible for making sure your department are working to standard operations, standard times and you will be challenged to suggest and demonstrate improvements to the standard processes. With your section leaders, you will ensure you have sufficient trained colleagues, with cover for all roles across your production line, providing your teams with the variety of work essential for job satisfaction.
Responsibilities as the Production Manager:
– Hire, manage, motivate and coach your section leaders and operations team.
– Execute your production plan On Time to Standard
– Drive Continuous Improvement in your area, feeding back improvement suggestions to your technical team colleagues.
– Champion safety and quality
Requirements/Experience to be successful as the Production Manager:
– Proven work experience as a Production Manager of a large and diverse skill set team.
– Demonstrable history of working in a flow manufacturing, low capital, manually intensive environment
– Maintaining a KPI set and running SIM processes
– Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
– Behavioural Safety Champion
– Computer literacy – office products and Microsoft Navision/Dynamics
Qualifications & Training required;
– Degree educated in an engineering or manufacturing discipline
– A team management qualification e.g. ILM level 2/3
If you feel you are suitable for the Production Managers position please do not hesitate to apply!