With a substantial plant investment program underway, along with a commitment to create a world class manufacturing (WCM) environment, our client now requires a Production Manager to join their management team.
The position offers fantastic opportunities for you to undertake accredited training and career development within an international FMCG manufacturing organization, renowned for investing in both their employees and supporting manufacturing infrastructure.
To be successful in this position;
* You will be experienced in plant and manufacturing operations management, or have the want to progress to this level, with the support of a dedicated training and mentoring program
* You will ensure delivery against all operational KPIs including waste, labour, OEE, plus health and safety, leading a team of circa 20 individuals on a day to day basis, increasing to circa 60 individuals when taking responsibility for plant wide operations in the absence of the operations plant manager
* You will be accountable for operational and production improvements, contributing to cost saving initiatives via the application of continuous improvement tools and techniques, such as 5s, TPM, Kaizen, OEE, VSM, etc
* You will work alongside other disciplines to ensure a coordinated approach to all manufacturing decisions
* You will offer a strong focus on H&S and developing others will ensure your team is multi-skilled and able to perform to the highest levels, ideally supported with a health and safety qualification
The Successful Applicant will offer;
* A hands-on Manager with relevant continuous process manufacturing experience
* A strong bias towards manufacturing processes ideally supported with a formal managerial qualification
* The ability to lead and develop teams via leadership and development plans.
* Experience of making improvements to deliver cost reduction, quality improvement and skill development.
* The ability to lead Continuous Improvement activities, including lean/CI activities.
* Demonstrable experience around employee engagement
What’s in it for you;
The ability to establish and progress your career within a leading international manufacturer who are committed to investing in both employees development and supporting manufacturing infrastructure
The salary on offer for the production manager vacancy is circa £40k to £45k per annum + company pension, training and a large number of career development opportunities