Production – Line Leader – Chemicals
Up to £37,000-£42,000 + Benefits
4 on 4 off shift
I have an exciting opportunity to join a globally recognized, multi-billion pound chemical manufacturing company on their site in Bradford, West Yorkshire. This is a days-based position where you will be required to undertake supervisory duties in order to create a smooth operation in accordance to their high-quality standards. Anyone who has previous experience leading a production line within a chemical manufacturing or related processing environment would be suitable.
To manage the shift operations of a group of multipurpose, experimental and mainstream production plants, utilising resources allocated by the Production Shift Manager to deliver the short-term production plan. Generally take guidance and make decisions
PRINCIPAL TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure that all products required are produced to manufacturing plan to the required quality and that the best use is made of all resources in achieving the plan.
- To participate in the recruitment, training, development and motivation of plant personnel to continuously improve performance with regards to productivity and safety, health and environment issues.
- Ensure that the shift operating team are deployed and utilised effectively.
- Ensure that all operations are carried out according to standard operating procedures and that all quality control, EA authorisations and ISO 14001 sampling regimes are adhered to.
- Where necessary communicate product availability to Supply Chain.
- In the event of a site incident, undertake duties required as directed by the Works Incident Controller, as part of the Emergency Response Team.
- Participate in safety audits, LSC’s, HAZOP’s, COSHH and risk assessments. Participate in safety investigations and reporting processes as required.
- Liaise with maintenance dept.to organise and prioritise plant repairs and planned maintenance, and ensure that they are carried out effectively to minimise production downtime, within area of responsibility.
- Participate in the instigation of plant mods and process mods.
DIMENSIONS OF JOB
- Manage a team of chemical process operators on a shift by shift basis.
- Efficient allocation of operator overtime according to Plant Manager / Production Shift Manager guidance.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- The nature of continuous shift working and supervision of multiple plants requires accurate prioritising skills to achieve maximum production performance.
- The adaptability to be involved with many short, medium and long term projects simultaneously whilst carrying out day to day troubleshooting needs good self management and the ability to communicate and influence all functions across the site, particularly Engineering, Supply Chain, QA
- In conjunction with PSM, responsible for informed decision making in the event of process excursions or plant breakdown out of normal hours.
To apply for this position please click ‘apply now’ for immediate consideration or contact James Travis at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269.
E3 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy specialising in Engineering Technical based recruitment, offering over 60 years’ experience.
E3 Recruitments specialist industry sectors:
- Chemical & Pharmaceutical
- Automotive & Fleet
- Building & Construction Products
- Energy & Utilities
- General Manufacturing
- Food & FMCG
- Oil & Gas