An opportunity for a Process Improvements Lead to join our globally recognised client that design, manufacture and deliver world-class steel forgings and castings.
Our client has already engaged in the delivery of a wide range of high-profile projects and on the back of this they have been recently invested heavily into the business and thus are looking to add a Process Improvements Lead on a permanent position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global business as a Process Improvement Lead, that established Sheffield’s reputation as a Steel making powerhouse. They offer an unparalleled service in the world of complex steel and take on projects other steel companies cannot do due to the intellectual capacity and the nous the company have.
Currently with a head count of 600 plus employees and working in specialist areas of Defence, Civil Nuclear and the Renewables market.
Core Responsibilities of the Process Improvement Lead:
- Build engagement by actioning improvement ideas generated from shop floor improvement sessions, creating working groups to track and record benefits achieved.
- Drive compliance with risk governance procedures by reviewing risk assessments and safe working procedures.
- Ensure all risk assessments and safe working procedures are produced, reviewed & delivered to all relevant personnel.
- Work closely with the site continuous improvement team to action projects listed on the Kaizen tracker reporting cost benefits.
- Identify any issues/problems by having a strong presence on the shop floor conducting process compliance checks, GEMBAS and shop floor engagement activities.
- Support the health and safety manager with the role out of new policies and procedures taking a pro-active approach to safety campaigns.
Competencies required from the Process Improvements Lead:
- Recognised managing safety qualification
- Project management qualification
- Experience of creating Risk Assessments & Safe Working Procedures
- Proven record of culture changes and sustainability
- Experience of working within a manufacturing/production environment
- Personable individual with the ability to motivate and influence others
In return, the Process Improvements Lead will receive:
- Remuneration: £40,000
- Holiday Entitlement: 33 Days including public holidays
- Matched Pension Scheme: Up to 5%
- Westfield Health Care Scheme
To apply for the Process Improvements Lead position, please click “Apply Now” and attach a copy of your updated CV. Alternatively, please contact Matthew Lorryman at E3 Recruitment for more information.