A growing project management company with a firm base providing services into the chemical, food processing and pharmaceutical / health care products industries is looking for a self starting process engineer to work from our Brighouse, West Yorkshire offices.
The candidate will take a leading role in varied projects within the company. All will involve working closely with our clients. You should be able to interpret the client’s wishes to develop process flow sheets, carrying out DSEAR and other safety assessments, prepare process proposals and budgets costs and see these through to the detailed process engineering and commissioning that would arise from these projects.
Most of the work is in the UK, but it may be office or site based. This work would suit someone with a degree in chemical engineering or similar and a good working knowledge of the process industry and the design work required to support projects in that industry. The applicant should be ambitious in their wish to develop their career, be able to work confidently with others and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients.
To support the operations of the company by providing the process engineering input to projects within the chemical, food, pharmaceutical and health care industries targeted by the company.
1. To carry out process engineering design in support of company projects covering
c. Pressure Relief
2. Strong Project management skills required, managing team, Gantt charts, ability to schedule, coordinate activities, time & resource Management.
3. To consult with the company’s clients to correctly interpret their process requirements and make proposals which fit these desires.
4. To work with other engineers in the company to develop proposal specifications and cost estimates.
5. To support detail design of projects to ensure compliance with process engineering requirements including compliance with current legislation and rules according to standards & known industry best practices.
1. A first degree in chemical engineering or related subject.
2. Be working towards membership of a recognised controlling body in the discipline.
3. Have a working knowledge of the chemical process industry and the process engineering
support functions necessary in that industry. This is likely to have been obtained through
work in a manufacturing engineering office or through process engineering contractors.
4. Be able to communicate with clarity in both spoken and written environments.
5. Work without supervision but ensure the agreement and co-operation of colleagues.
6. Be able to be self critical and review decisions, calculations and documentation for relevance
7. Be computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet calculations and data base
E3 Recruitment are a specialist Chemical sector recruitment consultancy, specialising in recruitment solutions for the Chemical industry. When sending your application to E3 Recruitment your details will not be shared with any 3rd party without consent.