Job Type – Permanent Opportunity from Day 1
Job Title: – Mechanical Service Engineer (M5 /M4 Corridor)
Hours of Work – Regular Days Monday to Friday
Salary/Rate – £27,500 per Annum + Overtime
Benefits – 33 days paid holidays, Private Medical Insurance, Sick Pay, Pension, Annual Bonus,
Child Care Vouchers
Location – Chippenham /Gloucester
Our client is a subsidiary of one of the largest stainless steel fabrication companies in Europe, who specialise in the manufacture of machinery and process plant for the utilities industry.
They currently employ 75 people and have a turnover of over £14 million. At present most of our client sales of equipment are to the UK water industry.
Our client is an ISO 9001 accredited company and also accredited by ‘Investors in People’ Gold.
The Role/Responsibilities :
Reporting to Regional Field Manager, I am looking to shortlist Mechanical Service Engineers be part of a small team responsible for the installation, servicing and troubleshooting of machinery.
This will involve predominately site work and a company van will be provided for travel, although this shared with one other Service Technician.
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out effectively and in compliance with agreed Working Procedures.
- Demonstrate commitment and flexibility in achieving team efficiency.
- Work closely with colleagues in other departments, understanding the requirements of other departments and achieving what is required.
- Identify activities that neither add value to the customer or to our organisation.
- Promote the company at every opportunity, motivate and encourage others to do so.
- To take a proactive approach to developing lines of communication with internal customers
- Apply attention to detail with a focus of quality at all times.
- To undertake mechanical service/fitting work on customer sites.
- Ensure that respective site work is carried out to a satisfactory standard and that all issues arising during the site work are dealt with immediately and in a professional manner. Liaise with internal staff if necessary.
- Ensure that all documentation used prior, during or resulting from the site work are controlled in accordance with company’s quality, environmental and health and safety procedure and management system and are completed promptly.
- Maximise time on site by liaising with internal department or contact at all times.
- Communicate with the relevant internal department or contact prior to leaving site and ensure any technical and site issues have been discussed accordingly.
- Ensure effective communication with customers and internal contacts at all times.
- Work closely with key suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Try to obtain information for any potential site work or future customer requirements and communicate with internal contacts accordingly.
- Manage expense and mileage budget efficiently.
- Ensure the maintenance and safety of your vehicle, equipment and materials provided by the company.
- If deemed necessary by constraints of the business you may be required to carry out tasks outside of your core responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s Quality Management system.
- Make yourself familiar with the contents of H&S Policies.
- Follow safe work procedures at all times.
- Use all required risk control measures, including personal protective equipment, at all relevant times.
The role requires a skilled experienced Mechanical Fitter/Technician, used to working from Mechanical engineering drawings ideally from a site M & E, plant maintenance or metal fabrication background. I require somebody who is self-motivated, team orientated and able to demonstrate initiative and work without supervision.
A clean driving license is vital for the role.
The candidate ideally should be located in and around Gloucester and/ our in a commutable distance to Chippenham.
To apply for this position please click ‘apply now’ for immediate consideration Or contact Shabbir at E3 Recruitment on 01709 919393 .