Our client is an industry leading manufacturing business with a multimillion-pound turnover and impressive growth plans, supported with large scale investment, and an existing established network of manufacturing facilities across the UK. With plans for investment at their Leicestershire factory, our client is now seeking to appoint a number of Mechanical Maintenance Fitters to join their team. The working culture is friendly, and one that encourages the sharing of best practice, whilst providing a platform for continuous learning and development.
What’s in it for you?
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT – Our client aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development which will include:
- TPM Tools & Techniques inclusive of 5S principles.
- Asset care, RCM and TPM and CMMS training
- Leadership and management training for those who are keen to progress their careers and demonstrate ambition
Salary £46’000 per annum, pension contribution, life cover, cycle to work scheme, child care vouchers, + potential overtime opportunities at a premium, plus 23 days additional annual leave per annum
The ability to work a continental shift pattern covering days and nights
- The role will be working as part of the Maintenance Team providing ‘Hands-on’ Mechanical & Technical support to both Production and other internal functions throughout the Factory.
- Providing plant wide mechanical maintenance service, departmental support and mechanical repairs on a wide range of machinery such as conveyor-based systems, hydraulic presses, moulding machines and packaging machinery, ensuring that all production targets are maintained.
- Within the position as a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter you will have the opportunity to be involved with a wide of range of mechanical maintenance operations and projects, which will be supported with a wide range of training opportunities, including accredited training programs.
Experience and Qualification Required:
- Recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification or equivalent level 3 qualification – NVQ, City and Guilds etc
- Pneumatics, hydraulics, and/or welding skills would be a distinct advantage
- The ability to work within a fast-paced manufacturing environment undertaking PPM and TPM activities
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to fault find, repair and provide solutions to mechanical machinery problems.