We’re working with one of the UK’s leading manufacturing and assembly companies who have experienced exponential growth of over the last 18 months. Due to their current level of business and their continuous expansion plans they are looking to recruit for a Manufacturing Engineer.
Summary of Position:
Working as part of a factory based technical team, under the leadership of the Technical Director, you will be required to perform a variety of tasks to characterise and improve the manufacturing processes of making the product, it’s component sub-assemblies and components. This will involve working closely with the product design team to apply knowledge of the product, fabrication, assembly, tooling and materials technologies to ensure products can be manufactured to high standards of quality compliance and in an economically effective way.
This will involve liaising with suppliers, research and trade organisations as well as designing appropriate experiments and trials and soliciting views, experience and observations from the operators and other stakeholders.
The Manufacturing Engineers will also be responsible for specifying, configuring, sourcing and implement appropriate automation, equipment, jigs, tooling and fixtures. This may include, but is not limited to, robotics, machine tools, materials handling equipment and computer control systems, both CNC and SCADA
* Evaluate the performance of existing manufacturing processes, using appropriate structured techniques to drive performance improvement
* Design, specify and implement new manufacturing processes to deliver new products, evolution’s of existing products and other improvements such as are required to maintain and improve the economic viability of the product
* Specify, configure and source such external equipment as is required for the manufacturing processes
* Prepare effective business case documentation to justify the necessary capital expenditure to deliver the agreed business plan
* Define and implement appropriate maintenance and condition monitoring regimes to ensure agreed equipment availability targets
Qualifications & Training:
* A good degree in an engineering or science based discipline
* English and Maths pass at GCSE / ‘O’ Level
* Knowledge of Lean and Agile manufacturing
* Direct experience of working in a continuous improvement environment
* Preparation of effective business cases for the justification of capital expenditure
* Experience of specifying and implementing machine tools, automation and materials handling equipment
* Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings. The ability to use 2D and 3D CAD is a significant advantage but not a requirement
* Experience of robotics, CNC and automation is an advantage
* Skilled in the use of IT equipment and common office products such as the Microsoft Office suite and email.
What is offered to you in return?
My client is offering a remuneration package in the region of £40k;