Job Type – Permanent from Day 1
Job Title: – Laser Operators x 4 (Specialist Steel and Manufacturing Business)
Hours of Work – Shifts x 3 , Days /Afters /Nights
Salary/Rate – £11.65 to £12.87 p/hr ( including shift allowance)
Benefits – 33 days paid, Free Carparking , Pension Scheme , Life Assurance Scheme
Location – South Yorkshire
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure work is produced to the required quality standard and to the customers’
requirements in line with the production sheets (nestings & route cards). To make sure the
Laser machines run continuously at the correct speeds to ensure maximum productivity.
- Ensure effective implementation of “No Fault Forward”
- Be open and truthful with, and respectful of each other
- Act as one team
- Be supportive, friendly and sensitive
- Give and receive constructive feedback
- Participate and accept accountability
- Have a Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Operate with energy, enthusiasm and pace
- Learn, share and act from our mistakes and successes
KEY JOB OBJECTIVES AND DUTIES:
Ensuring material is checked for size, thickness and grade, prior to cutting and to inform the Team Leader of any quality concerns regarding the material.
Ensure ‘One offs’ are completed at all times.
Responsible for quality of components that have been cut on the machine and standard of fettling if required.
Ensure customer orders on produced ‘On Time and In Full’ time to required quality standard.
Marking up of cut parts, cleaning and fettling parts.
Assisting colleagues on shift, e.g. trainees, apprentices etc.
Ensure all Safety / Rules / Standards are adhered to, ensuring correct Personal Protective Equipment is worn at all times.
All control cards and nestings are filled in correctly, taking note of any special instructions.
All machine and personal safety procedures to be followed at all times
Pass on all relevant information to the next shift, who are about to start work
Ensure the parts are routed correctly to the next part of the process in a timely manner
Health and Safety Responsibilities of all Employees:
- Read and understand the Occupational Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Work safely and responsibly
- Wear the protective equipment provided in the correct manner
- Report any incident to your Manager that may or has led to injury
- Adhere to company procedures securing a safe workplace
- Assist in the investigation of incidents and accidents with the objective of introducing preventative measures
To assist in any areas of the department or Company as required from time to time, to ensure the smooth running of the operation and to meet customers’ requirements. To undertake any training necessary to achieve the required standard.
In proportion to job responsibilities:
- To ensure knowledge of and compliance with all Health and Safety Legislation.
- Adherence to Company Policies and Procedures.
- Promote effective communications.
- Ensure knowledge of and compliance with all Company Policies, Procedures and Rules.
Knowledge & skills required:
- Relevant machine experience.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation.
- Understanding of Company quality procedures.
- Ability to work effectively and use own initiative.
- Slinging and lifting crane experience.
- Excellent timekeeper
- Good communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Methodical worked
- Flexible and diligent attitude
The Company also offers free parking and is easy accessible from Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield and Surrounding Areas.
E3 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy Specialising in Engineering Technical based recruitment offering over 60 years’ experience
E3 Recruitments specialist industry sectors:
- Automotive & Fleet
- Building & Construction Products
- Chemical & Pharmaceutical
- Energy & Utilities
- General Manufacturing
- Food & FMCG
- Oil & Gas