Position: Heat treatment operator
Salary: £27,882.10. plus 24% shift premium – £36686.9 – Plus company benefits
- 06:30 -14:00 Monday – Friday
- 12:00 – 20:00 Monday – Thursday (Friday 11:00 – 14:30)
- 08:30 – 15:30 Monday – Thursday (Friday 08:30 – 13:30)
- 20:00 – 06:30 Monday – Thursday.
My prestigious client based in the Huddersfield are an internationally recognised engineering manufacture who can offer long term stability and career progression for the right candidate.
They are currently looking to recruit an experienced Heat treatment operator to join their team on a permanent basis.
Heat treatment operators are responsible for the machines and furnaces that apply heat treatments to components and make it ready for use in products. The components produced are used in the construction of a range of items including cars, aircraft, trains, oil rigs and specialized items for a variety if industries.
- Work to written instructions, procedures and quality standards.
- Furnace operation to ensure high process standards achieved.
- Prepare components for processing, make up and breakdown.
- Monitoring and reporting on all aspects effecting processing of product.
- Supporting the planning work.
- Be prepared to train on the quality aspects of the site.
- Goods in / out responsibilities.
- Contribute to a clean, tidy and safe working environment.
- Work in a safe and responsible manner and follow company Health and Safety guide lines (a copy of which will be issued to you).
- To follow any other reasonable request from management.
Heat treatment operators use and oversee a range of equipment, including:
Sealed Quench Furnaces, Pit Carburising Furnaces, Tempering Furnaces, Induction Hardening, Die Quenching, Straightening, Phosphate coating, Overhead Crane & FLT
Knowledge and experience:
- Knowledge of relevant manufacturing related quality procedures
- Experienced in all Heat Treat processes
- Experienced in various material testing processes E.g Vickers, HRC, Brinell.
- Good communication skills
- Assist in Heat Treat Department with continuous improvement initiatives
- Using computer-controlled equipment.
- Setting times and temperatures, and making adjustments where necessary.
- Using forklift trucks to load the components ready for the furnaces.
- Unloading the furnaces and dealing safely with any waste products.
- Blasting components with a stream of shot to clean them.
- Cooling (quenching) components oil
- Ensuring the machinery is in good repair, performing basic maintenance and calling for technical help if a problem arises.
- Recording results on a computer.
To apply for this role, please call Riz Haider at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269 or send your cv to