Our client is an industry leading manufacturing business with a multimillion-pound turnover and impressive growth plans, supported with large scale investment, and an existing established network of manufacturing facilities across the UK.
Following further growth at their factory based local to Bexhill on Sea, our client is now seeking to appoint a HSE / Health, Safety, Environmental coordinator, to coordinate and manage integrated management systems related to Health, Safety, Environmental processes, and compliance within the factory, embedding and developing ways of working specific to factory and manufacturing operations. Reporting to the Site Factory Manager, this presents an outstanding opportunity for an experienced HSE coordinator or HSE administrator to transfer knowledge and experience from other, or similar industries.
What’s in it for you:
- Basic salary up to £29k per annum, plus training and career development
- Further training and personal development specific to the positions, e.g., IEMA, health and safety training development NEBOSH qualification etc
- Company pension matched up to 10%, share option scheme, 33 days holiday etc
- Days based position – Monday to Friday, flexible start, and finish, e.g., 7-3, 8-4, 9-5 etc
Key Responsibilities of HSE Coordinator include:
- Promote a culture where the health and safety and wellbeing of colleagues is the absolute priority.
- Ensure all statutory obligations, company policies and procedures are understood and adhered to, by all direct reports, always.
- Manage contractor inductions.
- Track progress of SHE Assure actions for the team.
- Carry out SSOP reviews.
- Manage SHE Assure, progress actions.
- Ensure Factory Risk Assessments are up to date and compliant.
- Coach and develop the factory team to maximise their strengths, and to close any development gaps.
- Work with the factory team to implement the strategic plan for the site.
- Audit the Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Collate process and report all factory HSE data.
- Ensure all relevant data is recorded accurately.
- Manage skills matrix and course bookings.
- Collaborate with all business stakeholders to ensure the Safety Health & Environment Strategy is delivered and all relevant legislation is always compiled to.
- Provide accurate, timely and technical advice to colleagues in resolving issues in H&S and reducing environmental impact.
- Deliver Toolbox Talks to the factory team.
- Use data to identify and prioritise issues that affect the business, establish their root cause, and provide findings and recommendations for business improvement.
- Manage occupational health monitoring in line with the business policies.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- IOSH certificate, or above
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Numerate and literate
- Experience of undertaking H & S, or HSE/SHE responsibilities
PLEASE APPLY NOW!
Key Words – Health, Safety, Health & Safety, Coordinator, HSE, Health and Safety Advisor, Environmental