We have an exciting opportunity available for an Engineering Maintenance Manager based close to the Orrell area. The position is working with an internationally respected manufacturer, which currently has a growing number of manufacturing plants based across the UK.
The successful applicant will lead a multi-functional engineering team of skilled engineers, to achieve key engineering targets within the factory environment.
Through taking control of maintenance, you will be required to utilise tools and techniques to generate improvement across all areas of manufacturing capability, minimising reactive maintenance activities and making improvements to planned maintenance activities where possible, and continuing production to achieve performance targets.
You will be instrumental in improving PPM plans, coaching, and mentoring your team, whilst managing maintenance budgets between £500K/£1M per annum
What’s in it for you as Engineering Maintenance Manager:
Basic salary circa £58k per annum, 10% KPI bonus paid annually, share option scheme, pension up to 10% match, holidays increasing with service, comprehensive employee benefit package. Career development routes and opportunities are also available within this position.
DAYS ONLY position working Monday to Friday, allowing for a fantastic work life balance.
TRAINING & CAREER DEVELOPMENT AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL
Our client aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused programme of training and development which will include as a minimum:
- ILM Programme (Management and Leadership).
- Health & Safety Management Training – NEBOSH
- IEMA – Environmental Management
- NVQ in Business Improvement
- PUWER/LOLER/CDM etc
Specific responsibilities of Engineering Maintenance Manager include:
- The development and promotion through effective communication of Company, Factory and Team plans and their focused implementation to achieve defined objectives.
- People Management, motivation and structured development of the team through performance review to ensure delivery of objectives through team working.
- Provision of engineering and technical expertise to facilitate the rigorous application of IMS tools and techniques to generate Continuous Improvement across all areas of the manufacturing capability.
- Implementation of and adherence to all Company and Factory control procedures to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements in Health & Safety, Quality and Environmental.
- The collection, assimilation and analysis of engineering, production and process data and its effective use to develop and achieve key targets and objectives.
- The development of systems and standards to deliver world-class standards of Housekeeping within the engineering environment using the 5S principles.
- The design and implementation of capital improvement projects aimed at improving manufacturing capability.
- The use of a computerised maintenance system to facilitate planned preventative maintenance and effective engineering stock control.
Essential Qualifications & Experience required for Engineering Maintenance Manager:
- A recognised Engineering qualification – Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- Demonstrable experience in departmental budgeting & cost control.
- Demonstrable supervisory experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrable organisational skills including efficient planning and implementation of systems and procedures.
- Leadership and man-management skills and the ability to build, motivate, develop and improve the team through performance review.
- High degree of computer literacy and numeric skills and a competent user of all Microsoft applications alongside CMMS and PPM Systems.