Electrical / Controls Supervisor
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for the efficient running of the Electrical / Controls department, by monitoring employees and organising workflows.
The Electrical Supervisor will oversee all day-to-day production activities, the correct utilisation of labour while maintaining the highest level of quality and customer satisfaction.
The Electrical Supervisor will provide a high level of technical support to both commercial and engineering to improve quality and manufacturing techniques.
Working closely with the Factory Manager & Controls Manager the Electrical Supervisor through continuous improvement techniques will develop the production and assembly processes to deliver high quality products in a cost-effective manner.
The Electrical Supervisor will at all time work to the companies Quality and Health & Safety policy.
The Electrical Supervisor will at all times work to the companies HR policy
- To manage the day to day organisation of works within the electrical/controls department and the installation wiring to HVAC units to ensure customer’s requirements are met and projects are delivered on time.
- To set daily/weekly/monthly objectives for their department.
- To liaise with and co-operate with other departmental supervisor to maintain an efficient workflow and working practices.
- To deputise in other departments in the event of holiday/absenteeism.
- To provide technical support in the design and manufacturing process.
- To maintain a high level of quality in accordance with company policies.
- To maintain a safe working environment in accordance with company policies.
- To maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- To attend meetings as requested and provide performance reports.
- Working with HR to achieve effective management of people within the department, ensuring that high standards of work and conduct are achieved at all times.
- Conducting return to work interviews, annual appraisals, disciplinary and performance. reviews with employees where necessary.
- Working in accordance with industry procedures and legislation.
- Coaching, mentoring, and supporting junior engineers and apprentice trainees.
- Any other duties as reasonable requested by management
Specific Skills and Knowledge:
- Electrical qualified to City & Guilds (Part 236 1,2) OR level 3 NVQ electrical qualifications or have an equivalent qualification
- 17th Edition papers
- Reading & interpreting project specifications, schedules & drawings.
- Liaison with client and internal departments to finalise design of controls schemes and HVAC unit’s designs
- Electrical control Panel estimating, sourcing, and ordering components for the panel build.
- Cost analysis and value engineering of products to provide competitive advantage.
- Design of Control Panels for specific Air Handling Unit, Ventilation, and Refrigeration applications.
- Understanding, interpreting, and responding to the needs of other departments.
- To produce electrical design documents and drawings using Autocad and Eplan
- Compile Specifications, Single line diagrams, Load schedules and Parts Lists.
- Factory based function testing, pre-commissioning of equipment, inspection, and approval documentation prior to release.
- Periodic on-site commissioning and installation.
- Fault finding and diagnosis, followed by corrective actions.
- Periodic travel within the UK.
- A Full UK/EU License is required.
- Completing commissioning certificates and documentation for client witnessing.
- Liaising with customers and providing telephone assistance when required.
- A Knowledge of Trend/Tridium would be beneficial but not necessarily essential.
- Product development, equipment upgrade, conceptional design, build and testing (R&D).
- To provide strategic improvements to manufacturing and quality processes.
- Review labour requirement and schedule commissioning resource.
- To provide support covering factory and machine maintenance
To apply for this position, please click ‘apply now’ for immediate consideration Or contact Javed Khaliq at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269.
E3 Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy Specialising in Engineering Technical based recruitment offering over 60 years’ experience
E3 Recruitments specialist industry sectors:
* Automotive & Fleet
* Building & Construction Products
* Chemical & Pharmaceutical
* Energy & Utilities
* General Manufacturing
* Food & FMCG
* Oil & Gas