Position: Shift Production Manager X 2
Salary: Commensurate with experience + pension, training and career development
Hours of work: Day Shift, 12 hours, 6am to 6pm, 4on-4off, 5on-5off, resulting in two weekends off per month.
We have an exciting and new opportunity available for 2 x Shift Production Managers for this very well respected PLC listed manufacturer based in the Leicestershire area, with a number of manufacturing plants based across the UK.
With a major plant investment program planned, promising state-of-the-art equipment, layout and efficiency, our client now requires a 2 X Shift Production Managers to drive the business, taking manufacturing to the next level for production, quality and overall efficiency.
This presents an outstanding opportunity for a high calibre leader to transfer knowledge and experience from other or similar industries.
We are seeking individuals with a high degree of self-motivation and want to progress within an organisation.
Key Working Relationships of the Shift Production Manager:
* You will be reporting directly into the Senior Production Manager working as part of a highly talented management team driven to deliver exceptional results
* You will be responsible for the Production teams at the new Factory
* Regularly interacting and providing insight and influence at all levels, across the business from Management to shop floor associates in leading and encouraging best practice sharing
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- The development and promotion through effective communication of Company, Factory and team plans and their focussed implementation to achieve defined objectives.
- People Management, motivation and development of the team through performance review to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Technical expertise to facilitate the rigorous application of lean manufacturing techniques to generate Continuous Improvement across all areas of Manufacturing Capability.
- Implementation of and adherence to all Company and Factory control procedures to ensure compliance with all statutory requirements in Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality systems.
- The collection, assimilation and analysis of production and process data and its effective use to develop and achieve key targets and objectives.
- The development of systems and standards to deliver world-class standards of housekeeping using the 5S principles.
- Effective interdepartmental liaison to achieve defined objectives, at times taking responsibility for the engineering and maintenance support teams.
Skills, Qualifications and Attributes
- The ability to communicate effectively and influence at all levels of the business.
- Demonstrable organisational skills including efficient planning and implementation of systems and procedures.
- Leadership and man management skills and the ability to build, motivate, develop and improve the team.
- Demonstrable ability to implement structured problem solving techniques, provide solutions and delegate responsibility when required.
- High degree of computer literacy and numeric skills and a competent user of all Microsoft applications
- Significant experience of managing in a large manufacturing/production environment
- A strong appreciation of the importance of safe working practices and health and safety within a manufacturing environments
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Excel and the ability to analyse data to inform decision making
- Experience in continuous operation production process
- A recognised qualification – Desirable
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL
Our client aims to operate to world-class standards and the successful candidate will be required to commit to a focused program of training and development which will include as a minimum:
ILM Program (Management and Leadership).
Health & Safety Management Training
IEMA – Environmental Management