Job Type – Permanent from Day 1
Job Title: – CMM INSPECTOR /MPI TECHNICIAN
Hours of Work – Days , 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Friday
Salary/Rate – Training Rate £454.02 per week , once fully competent £567.02 per week
Benefits – 36 days paid holiday plus pension scheme , capped at 7%
Location – South Yorkshire
Working on behalf of our client based in Sheffield, who are a world leader in the production of advanced materials utilised within the Oil & Gas and Aerospace industry, we are currently recruiting for a CMM Inspector /MPI Technician.
The role will involve working with the Inspection team carrying out dimensional inspection and NDT testing of Engine Shafts, Oilfield components and Ingot Blocks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities ;
- Final inspection (dimensional and visual).
- Portable CMM (FARO) programming & operation.
- NDT -Duties including MPI, LPI, CV inspection.
- Completion of Final Inspection Reports.
- First Article Inspection Reports.
- Despatching products.
- Non Conformance Reporting (IDN).
- In process dimensional inspection.
- Marking out material for further processing.
- Quanto testing products.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities;
- Control of metrology equipment and its calibration.
- Perform in-house calibrations as required.
- Perform measurement system analysis studies as required.
- Training other team members in use of measuring equipment.
- Assist in preparation of PPAP documentation.
- SPC and data analysis.
- Assist with Internal Quality Audits in line with QMS schedule.
- Involvement in quality improvement activities.
- Active participation in team meetings.
- Maintaining high housekeeping standards.
- Programming & use of portable CMM equipment.
- Magnetic Particle examination level 2
Demonstrable Experience of;
- Dimensional inspection to engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of Quality Tools & Techniques.
- Development/Improvement activities.
- Application of training
- Positive attitude to safety & quality
Qualities & Attributes;
- Willingness to work as a team & share knowledge
- Acceptance of accountability and responsibility
- Personal discipline to apply the requirements and accepted standards
- Willingness to use data to help make decisions
- Pride in the workplace and 5’s projects
- Exemplary level of timekeeping and attendance
Employees without these requirements but who can demonstrate an aptitude to train will be considered.
The Company also offers free parking and is easy accessible from Rotherham, Sheffield, Doncaster, Barnsley and Surrounding Areas.
To apply for this position please click ‘apply now’ for immediate consideration Or contact Shabbir at E3 Recruitment on 01709 919393 .