Role: Assistant Lab Technician
Location: Bexhill on Sea
Our client is a world-renowned FMCG manufacturing business offering fantastic opportunities for training and job security.
The purpose of this role is to carry out routine testing of final products and raw materials in accordance with appropriate European Standards or documented in-house test methods.
Main duties will include:
* Preparation/grinding of raw materials (aggregate, fuel & sand etc.
* Sample making
* Physical testing of products including compressive strength, water absorption, durability testing etc.
* Instrumental Chemical analysis testing
* Plus other general laboratory work as determined by the management team
*The job will entail data input into a computerised management system and some lifting & carrying.
The role is ideally suited to someone looking to develop and progress within the Technical side of the company’s business, with opportunities to obtain further qualifications. Full training will be provided.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
* A logical and methodical approach to work
* The ability to work unsupervised and adhere to deadlines
* A good understanding and familiarity with the use of computerised systems
* An awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace
Desirable Qualifications & Experience:
* Formal qualifications to ‘A’ level standard in an appropriate science subject, including Mathematics and English
* Knowledge of analytical techniques and familiarity of working with and handling chemicals would be clearly be advantageous